Philippians 4:8
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true,
whatever is noble, whatever is right,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely,
whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent and praiseworthy
- think about such things."
It all started when I downloaded an app called "Daily Bible Versus" on my phone.
From that day onward, I check frequently for
the verse that is kept in-store for me every day.
the verse that is kept in-store for me every day.
As you should've guessed now, I'm a Christian, proud to be, forever will be.
And there is this saying
that whenever a Christian "stops struggling, he/she isn't living a spiritual life".
In other words, from 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 says:
"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
I re-quote: "For when I am weak, then I am strong."
Therefore I say, as a Christian, we are not to be holy, but we are to be as holy as possible.
Going back to where we started, the verse on top struck me hard on my nerves,
because whatever that is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, and admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy,
THINK about such things.
- George Yau
Picture retrieved from:
No comments:
Post a Comment